Sunday, July 5, 2015

Last Day at Leyte National High School Part II


Friday, July 3, 2015 ( I apologize for being behind on my posts!)
   

     The second part of our last day on Friday was the Closing ceremony.  This was time time the other two fellows and I planned to do our performance for the students and staff.  The ceremony was short and sweet.  It opened up with some incredible performances from the students:


 This was the opening choir, and they sounded beautiful!  They also sand the Philippine National Anthem, so pretty.


Below is the opening dance performance, the costumes were gorgeous with vibrant colors.  The students were all birds, I think maybe eagles.


This is a snippet of the caliber of dancers we watched.  They also won a national championship, they were something to see!

I have been continuously amazed and in awe of the talent and creativity I have seen during my time here in the Philippines, these kids are all around incredible, from the arts to academics, I wish everyone could witness this, they are one of a kind!

                                                










Our thank you performance to the students and staff was nothing like what they presented to us, but I think we definitely surprised them, it was very unexpected.  After our thank you performance we presented thank you card and a certificate of recognition to Obet for all that he has done for IREX and the TGC program.  

After that the program came to a close and I was then bombarded with pictures!  I have never had my picture taken this much, not even on my wedding day. Filipinos LOVE selfies, and everyone seemed to want a picture with me.  Below is just an idea of how crazy the photo op was.  Overall, it was an overall fun last day with the kids, although my face hurt by the end of it ;)

        



"Where's Alex?!"  I'm somewhere in the middle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment