Tuesday, June 2, 2015

    Only 19 days left until departure!  Things are moving pretty fast over here.  Our host, Norberto has been fantastic, and we've been in communication with him since we've been introduced.  Gail, Glenda, and I have booked rooms at Hotel XYZ, which was a huge relief to have done, and we are in the process of getting the schedule sorted out.  We've shared a plethora of ideas with Norberto on what we would like to do/see, so it will be exciting to get a draft of the schedule set!  Below is a list of To Do's that I've completed:

  • vaccination shots
  • communicating ideas with host
  • blog entries
  • research question idea
  • backpack
  • shoes
  • insect repellent
  • booked hotel
Things I still need to do:  
  • complete power point presentation on Chicago/Spry Elementary
  • finalize research question
  • do a trial pack
  • purchase loose fitting, light, cotton clothing both for casual and work
  • finish books on the Philippines
  • practice my tagalog
  • purchase gifts for students and Filipinos
  • set up instagram account to document pictures/videos
  • figure out cell phone plan
There's probably a lot more, so if there's something I missed let me know!  Altogether, I feel pretty good at this point, and I'm sure I'll feel better next week as the count down continues on!


No comments:

Post a Comment